This week was tough, but it actually flew by and we were back with our group on sunday weighing in. Shockingly, I lost 2.5 pounds. I was so motivated and inspired by the program, that I went a little crazy with the workout schedule, but I enjoyed every minute of it. This week i did the following workouts:
- monday | circuit training
- tuesday | peak cardio strength
- wednesday | boot camp + pure cardio
- thursday | peak cardio strength
- friday | BUTI (this was supposed to be a rest day, but a friend insisted i try it)
- saturday | core + step
- sunday | peak cardio interval burn
I also did a fantastic job of sticking to my meal plan this week. My diet consisted of almost entirely plant-based raw food, legumes, and some supplements. A lot of huge green salads loaded with raw veggies and of course the GGS smoothie. I did manage to go without my coffee this week, but I did have a (rather large) glass of wine with a friend and a little tuna sashimi on Saturday night. These were not in the plan for the week, but I deserved a little treat! For me, the key to sticking with a healthy, clean diet is planning ahead, shopping ahead, and cooking ahead. That way I don’t come home starving, eating the first thing I can find or feel tempted to eat the takeout my co-workers pick up for lunch everyday.
Lessons learned from week 1:
- Plan | plan your meals, grocery shopping, and cooking ahead of time
- Sleep | getting enough sleep is essential, you will be tired
- Recover | stretching and foam rolling are imperative to help muscles recover
One week down, seven weeks to go!